Akin to most genealogy programs, when you first login, you have to identify a name.
The same is true for ProStamm. Once a name is entered, the program will populate the Primary Profile page.
It’s important to understand that you’re always working with a PRIMARY PROFILE.
As soon as you identify a Primary Profile, every page you open and look at will be about that profile. You cannot look at another person’s information, unless that person is made the Primary Profile.
Family Tree Overview
When you look at the Primary Profile page, you see every member of the Primary Profile’s family, relative to the relationship with a particular spouse.
This page identifies the following:
- 1. The name of the Primary Profile.
- 2. The parents of the Primary Profile
- 3. The spouse of the Primary Profile.
- 4. The children of the Primary Profile and the currently identified spouse.
- If you want to see the parents of the spouse, you must make the spouse the Primary Profile.
- If there is another spouse, you must make that spouse the current spouse by engaging the ‘Previous’ or ‘Next’ button in the spouse section.You will then see the children of that relationship.
- To see the siblings of a Primary Profile, one of the parents must be made the Primary Profile.
Each person, in the family record, has 6 sheets of ‘Additional Profile Details.
- Personal information such as birth and death dates and location, AKAs, religion, nationality, health issues, etc.
- Education information, such as the name of schools, dates, and type of education.
- Military information, such as type of service, when and where served, etc.
- Occupation information such as type of occupation, employer, position, etc.
- Stories and notes about the profile.
- The Contact page identifies where you can get information about the profile.